After three-and-a-half years away, Literary Death Match returns to Boston for a genius night of weirdness and literary triumph, with much comedy and much hijinks to boot! Plus, the lineup is out-of-control brilliant. Click here for the full lineup or preorder now!
What is Literary Death Match? Part literary event, part comedy show, part game show, Literary Death Match brings together four of today’s finest writers to compete in an edge-of-your-seat read-off critiqued by three celebrity judges, and concluded by a slapstick showdown to decide the ultimate champion.
* Literary Merit: Min Jin Lee, Guggenheim Foundation fellow and author of Pachinko, a finalist for the National Book Award for Fiction
* Performance: Bethany Van Delft, comedian (Comedy Central, 2 Dope Queens), MOTH StorySlam host
* Intangibles: Sean Sullivan, one of Boston’s fastest-rising comedy stars (so says the Boston Globe), listen to his album Song and Dance Man through Comedy Dynamics now!
* Rachel Klein, humorist/essayist who’s written for McSweeney’s and The New Yorker’s Shouts and Murmurs
* Serina Gousby, poet/essayist and Dev. Assistant & Boston Writers of Color Group Coordinator at GrubStreet
* Nina MacLaughlin, writer, carpenter and author of Hammer Head: The Making of a Carpenter
* Jonathan Escoffery, award-winning short story writer and recipient of a 2018 Glenna Luschei Prairie Schooner Award
Hosted by LDM creator Adrian Todd Zuniga (check out his debut novel Collision Theory today!)
Produced by Kirsten Sims
Show at 8pm, Doors at 7pm
Certain books were “banned in Boston” at least as far back as 1651, when one William Pynchon wrote a book criticizing Puritanism.